- 1.1 The website under the domain name (and associated sub-domains) persimmonhomes.com (the Site) is operated by Persimmon plc. We are responsible for the processing of your personal data and we are the data controller for all such information.
2 Data Protection
- 2.1 As data controller, we take all necessary steps to comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 (as amended, restated or re-enacted from time to time) and its relevant subordinate legislation when handling any personal information.
- 2.2 When you supply any personal information to us we will meet our legal obligations to you in the way that we deal with that information.
- 2.3 In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 we are required to collect the information fairly and to let you know how we will use it (see Clause 3) and whether we will pass the information on to anyone else (see Clause 4).
- 2.4 We will comply with the Principles set out in the Data Protection Act 1998.
- 2.5 We will take reasonable precautions to safeguard your personal data against loss and unauthorised disclosure or access (see Clause 6).
- 2.6 A reference to a statute, statutory provision or subordinate legislation is a reference to it as it is in force from time to time, taking account of any amendment to or re-enactment of it.
3 Use of Personal Information
- 3.1 We may collect and process the following personal information about you:
- 3.1.1 name;
- 3.1.2 address;
- 3.1.3 contact telephone number;
- 3.1.4 mobile telephone number;
- 3.1.5 contact e-mail address;
- 3.1.6 when you register and log in;
- 3.1.7 the developments and properties that you view on the Site or save;
- 3.1.8 when you respond to requests to submit personal information about yourself;
- 3.1.9 if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- 3.1.10 if you apply for a shared equity loan we will keep the information provided in your Reservation Agreement and loan agreement and information obtained from third parties, such as credit reference and fraud prevention agencies to underwrite and manage your loan.
- 3.2 We may also keep a record of those parts of the Site that you use most often to enable us to monitor, support, improve and develop our service and to know which parts are of the most interest to you.
- 3.3 We will use the personal information supplied by you to:
- 3.3.1 administer your membership account;
- 3.3.2 deliver marketing information to you from us, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- 3.3.3 provide you with updates on developments, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- 3.3.4 help you keep track of developments and properties that you have saved, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- 3.3.5 ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- 3.3.6 contact you for your views on our services and events and notify you occasionally about important changes or developments to the Site or our services.
- 3.4 By using the Site you consent to our collection and use of this information.
- 3.5 The information you supply to us will be held on our computers hosted by fuse8.
- 3.6 You can at any time contact us (see section 11) if you decide that you no longer wish to receive information provided to you under Clauses 3.3.2, 3.3.3 and 3.3.4.
4 Disclosure of Personal Information
- 4.1 We take all reasonable care to prevent any unauthorised access to your personal data.
- 4.2 We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985.
- 4.3 We will only supply your personally identifiable information to any third party:
- 4.3.1 in order to enhance our service and the services we can offer you or where we have your consent to share the information;
- 4.3.2 where we need to share the information to provide a product or service you have requested;
- 4.3.3 where we need to send the information to persons or organisations who work on our behalf to provide a product or service to you but such persons or organisations may only use this information in order to provide such product or service and not for any other purpose;
- 4.3.4 in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; or
- 4.3.5 where we are required to forward the information in order to comply with a regulatory or legal process.
5 Right of access to your information
- 5.1 Should you wish to obtain a copy of the personal data we hold on you please write to Company Secretary, Persimmon plc, Persimmon House, Fulford, York YO19 4FE. Please note that a small fee will be payable.
- 5.2 As soon as we are satisfied as to your identity we will send you within 30 days a copy of all the data we hold concerning you.
- 5.3 If it transpires that the information held is inaccurate, we will make the necessary amendments and confirm to you that these have been made.
6 How we protect your data
- 6.1 The internet is not a secure medium, however we take we take all reasonable care to prevent any unauthorised access to your personal data.
- 6.2 As a member, it is your responsibility to protect log-in details. You must treat these as confidential and must not share or disclose your log-in details to any other party.
- 6.3 We will retain your information for a reasonable period or for as long as the law requires.
- 6.4 We have technical and organisational measures in place to guard against loss / destruction of personal data.
- 7.1 When you access the Site and view developments and properties we record this activity and may place a unique "cookie" on your computer's hard disk. This enables us to show this information to you.
- 7.2 We may work with third parties to research certain usage and activities on the Site on our behalf. No personal information about you is shared, however in the course of conducting this research these third parties may place a unique "cookie" on your computer's hard disk.
- 7.3 A cookie is a small file which is sent to your browser and stored on your computer's hard disk and helps us understand and track your use of the Site and where we can improve the information and services provided.
8 Shared Equity Loan - Credit Reference Agencies (CRAs) and Fraud Prevention Agencies (FPAs)
- 8.1 If you apply for a shared equity loan you authorise us to check the following records about you and others:
- 8.1.1 our own;
- 8.1.2 those at CRAs. When CRAs receive a search form from us they may place a search footprint on your credit file which may be seen by other organisations. They supply to us both public (including the electoral register) and shared credit and fraud prevention information; and
- 8.1.3 those at FPAs.
- 8.2 We will make checks such as are deemed necessary to assess and manage your loan.
- 8.3 Information that you submit to us may be sent to CRAs and recorded by them. Where you borrow form us under a shared equity loan, we may give details of your accounts and how you manage it to CRAs. If you borrow and do not repay in full and on time, in accordance with the terms of your loan, CRAs may record the outstanding debt. This information may be supplied to other organisations by CRAs and FPAs to perform similar checks and to trace your whereabouts and recover debts that you owe. Records remain on file for 6 years after they are closed.
- 8.4 If you tell us that you have a spouse or financial associate, we will link your records together so you must be sure that you have their agreement to disclose information about them. CRAs also link your records together and these links will remain on your and their files until such time as you or your partner successfully files for a disassociation with the CRAs to break that link.
- 8.5 If false or inaccurate information is provided and fraud is identified, details will be passed to FPAs.
9 Links to Other Websites
- 10.2 As a result of improvements we make to our services, amendments to laws or regulation or developments in the technology or processes we use, we may change the information we hold about you and/or the way in which or the purposes for which we process such information. If we make any substantial change in the way in which we use your personal information we will notify you by email.